Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Latest NAM bringin us significant precipitation

Wow!Look at the latest Nam below. It has us seeing .75> of precipiation. If we see all snow we would see 8" or more along I-64 but looks like sleet would mix in with the snow right now to me. The nam has trended little colder. One of the things interest me is the the fact that the precipitation will be very heavy therefore we would have good evaporational cooling along with the southern track would make a big diffrence on our preciptation type. I don't believe at this point we see a freezing rain. It's a chance it could stay all snow with the track going to Tennessee Valley areas along I-64. Louisville and Lexington but right now I'm going with sleet mixing with the snow thus lower our totals to 3-5" compare to areas N.KY thru Cincy, OH where they will see all snow looks to see 5-8" of snow right now. This is my second call. My final one will be this afternoon.


1 comment:

  1. Marcus...good input on the WeatherExtra page...used to watch your comments on Belski's blog, too....hope you are right about mostly snow with some sleet mixing in...I like the new (but probably unreliable) NAM snow model...I'd be in the bullseye (I live Charlestown Rd near Floyd Co/Clark Co line)....keep posting...you do a great job and provide a different prospective...and we'll keep the faith on the snow!!

    ReplyDelete